This article on New Year's resolution success appeared in NST on Thursday, January 1, 2009. In case you missed it,(I hope it is not too late to read) I would like to share the 'recipe' with all of you so that you can be successful in achieving what you set out to achieve:
1. Write them down. It's a fact: writing down your goals gives you a higher chance of success.
2. Commit. Move beyond the land of "good ideas" to the land of true "commitment". Make the decision you will show up for your goals. Perhaps you can do a ritual or ceremony to symbolise your commitments.
3. Tell people. Let your biggest fans in on your new commitments and goals for the year.
4. Get accountability. Even better than just letting in on your "secret" dreams and goals - get some accountability. Meet for lunch once a month with a group that will ask you, "So, how is it going with your goal?"
5. Hire a coach. Talk to your best friend or partner. Get some support!
6. Make a plan. Ensure success with a step-by-step plan. Work backwards by starting with the end vision of where you want to be and working backwards to where you are today.
7. Do a goal check-in. Before you decide on what you will take on for the year, ask: "Am I the primary reason for setting this goal? Do I feel alive and energised by this goal? Is this goal in line with my life purpose or mission?".
8. Get real! How will this goal end differently in 2009? Is this goal something you need to let go of? What purpose is it serving you each year? What is the good enough reason to truly commit?
9. Focus with reminders. Once you have got your goals and plan in place, post your goals on your bathroom mirror or in your car, or in your palm pilots or cell phones. Figure out what works for you.
10. Believe and visualise. Visualise yourself on New Year's Eve with all your goals achieved. What would that look like? How would it feel? Visualise once a day and see the difference it can make in your life.
May 2009 be the year that your goals and dreams reach full flight!
Ultimate Quilt Binding Tutorial
22 hours ago